Desserted Island Bakery
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Please see the answers to some of the most commonly asked questions below.
1. Where are you located?
We are an online bakery operating out of Greensboro NC. We currently provide pickup and delivery services (add’l fee and to business locations only) within the Piedmont Triad area. For clients outside of the service area, but are willing to travel, we arrange to meet for pickup at a public location in Greensboro.
2. How much are your custom cakes?
- Custom cake pricing varies based on the complexity of the design, servings and flavor. For this reason, we have all clients provide a picture of a design similar to what they are interested in. This allows us to determine cost and also ensures that our vision for your final cake aligns with what you truly desire.
3. Is there a deposit?
- Yes, there is a non-refundable, 50% reservation payment required to secure your date. This payment is due upon receipt of your invoice. Reservation payments not received within 24 hours of invoicing result in cancellation.
4. How far in advance can I place my order?
- We accept orders up to 6 months in advance (this excludes holiday orders)
- For traditional cakes/desserts, we ask for a minimum of 3 days notice.
- For custom cakes, we ask for a minimum of 2 weeks; however, this may vary based on the complexity of the design.
5. How can I place an order?
**🛑Always check the "Availability Calendar" prior to placing your order🛑**
- FB Messenger
- Instagram Messenger
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: www.dessertedisland.net (Ordering tab > custom cake inquiry form OR non-custom cake/dessert order form)
NOTE: We do not always review post comments in a timely manner, so please use one of the above mentioned methods for all inquiries, requests and orders to ensure a response.
6. How do I pay?
- You will be sent an invoice that will give you the option to pay via PayPal or with a credit/debit card. We also accept CashApp payments.
7. What is your contact number?
- Our preferred method of communication is Direct Message or Email. Due to the high volume of inquiries, this allows us to manage our requests while continuing to fulfill orders. This also increases accountability by having a detailed record of all discussions. While we recognize this may not be everyone’s preference and apologize in advance for any possible frustration, it is what we have found works best for our business at this time.
8. What is your message response time?
- We respond to messages within 48 hours. Our busiest baking days are Thursday, Friday and Saturday. We typically respond to messages received on these days by end of day Sunday.
9. Do you ship?
We do not ship at this time.
Providing a high quality product is our top priority so we don’t anticipate ever shipping custom cakes, as they will likely get damaged in transport. However, we have tested shipping cupcakes and while it went surprisingly well, we are researching ways to refine that process and make it better before extending the option to everyone.
10. How should I store my cake?
- Cakes iced in fondant or with fondant decorations may be refrigerated however, the fondant may melt depending on the moisture level of your refrigerator.
- Cakes iced in buttercream do not need refrigeration if they are to be served the same day; otherwise, refrigerate and then serve at room temperature.
- Cakes with cream cheese icing or covered in whipped cream (such as the Red Velvet and Banana Pudding cakes) must be refrigerated.
11. Will my cake look like the picture I provided?
- We do not recreate cakes exactly as any photo. All cakes are works of art and we have our own styles, tools, and methods of creating custom cakes, however, we will use any provided photos as inspiration.